Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Discipline


If you don't know I have adult ADD. I have a very hard time concentrating and often find myself trying to do 5 things at once while thinking about 6 other things. I am never still in that I am always moving my toes, legs, rubbing something with my hands, etc. I get bored quickly and look for something else to stimulate me. So I have to work very hard to get things done.

I can begin reading and find myself surfing the web for something that I normally can't remember 3 minutes later then spend an hour looking at blogs, sites, etc.

I find that I do better when I have a schedule, a list, and the like. So I spent part of Labor Day making out my reading list. I like reading but if I don't have clear cut goals I get side tracked, distracted and the like. I am trying to read Knowing God for the 4th time. I am on chapter 4 today. I just have a hard time getting into this book. But I am determined. I should finish it on September 30 (chapter a day). This is how I normally read, one chapter a day in about 4 books. Would do one at a time but can't concentrate that long on one book.

If anyone else has tips on how you deal with this let me know.

1 comment:

Kari said...

You adult ADD??? no,really?? hehe that what makes you so likable!! hope you get some tips that can help you..if you do pass them on!! Have a great day :)